In 1870, a combined church/school was built on the site that is now Walker School, but it was destroyed by fire in 1887. A new frame building was built; that structure was torn down around 1938.
In 1925, at a cost of $17,500, the first of many sections of a new building was built. It contained two rooms and a basement with a heating plant and washrooms. In 1928, two rooms were added to the main floor and a gymnasium/auditorium for a total cost of $29,500. A north wing, containing two rooms and an office was added in 1938, which is when the frame structure mentioned previously was torn down. In 1953, four classrooms were built and in 1956 three more rooms were added. A gym, Learning Center and office were constructed around 1968.
Walker School was known as Clarendon Hills School District #56 until it was annexed to Hinsdale Elementary School District 181 in 1947.
In 2004, the structure was demolished to make way for the current building. The current 46,000 square foot building is housed on eight acres of land and opened in December 2005.