Summer Learning Program
2019 Registration is Open!
All District 181 students and interested age-appropriate students outside the D181 community are invited to enroll in the annual D181 Summer Learning Program.
Registration opened as of 3 p.m. Tuesday, April 2. Registration closes May 25. For registration instructions, please click here.
Registration for anyone living outside of D181 boundaries begins May 13.
Dates: Wednesday, June 12-Tuesday, July 2
Location: Prospect School, 100 N. Prospect, Clarendon Hills.
Fees: $175 for a one-hour class; $350 for a two-hour class.
Focusing on core classes in reading, writing and math, the program includes a variety of classes for students currently in K through 7th grade, including nine art classes, one foreign language class, 12 language arts classes, 14 math classes, keyboarding classes, creative writing classes and a writing camp.
Summer Learning Program Brochure
The 2019 Summer Learning Program is available in the main office of every D181 school, was sent home in elementary school student folders, and is posted on the D181 website. To view the brochure online, click here.
2019 Summer Learning Enrichment Classes (grade levels*):
- Creating Comics (2, 3, 4, 5)
- World Mythology (3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
- Back to Basics Fun (K, 1)
- I Like to Move It! (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Let’s Read, Write & Learn (1, 2)
- Speech and Debate (5, 6)
- It’s In the News (5, 6)
- Passion Project (5, 6)
- Critical Thinking through Games and Puzzles (4, 5, 6, 7)
- Ukulele Instruction (2, 3, 4, 5)
- STEAM Into Summer! (K, 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Pinterest Holiday Edition (4, 5, 6)
- Pinterest Volume 1 (3, 4, 5)
- Pinterest Volume 2 (4, 5, 6)
- Engaging Exercise for Everyone (K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Building a Story (1, 2, 3)
- Calling All Engineers (K, 1, 2)
- Beginner Sewing (3, 4, 5)
*Grade levels are based on completed 2018-2019 grade levels.
The District 181 Summer Learning Program will also feature two unique camps:
- Theatre Camp “Once Upon a Dream” - Open to any D181 students currently in 4th through 8th grades; 12:30-4 p.m. June 17-21; at Hinsdale Middle School. Cost: $175.
- Band and Orchestra Camp Classes (private lessons) - Open to any D181 students currently in 4th through 8th grades. Beginning June 10 at Clarendon Hills Middle School. Lessons are scheduled between 8 a.m. and noon. Cost: $100 for four lessons.
Class sizes are limited. Classes will be closed once the maximum enrollment has been reached. Registration is not considered completed until all fees have been paid.
Please note: Unpaid registrations will be deleted. Please email Jan Martin with special circumstances (email@example.com). Thank you!
Program questions should be directed to Summer School Administrator Rocky May at RMay@d181.org. Registration questions should be directed to Jan Martin at JMartin@d181org.
Additional Information - Summer Bridge
For students who plan to participate in Summer Bridge, those courses will be held from June 12-July 3 for Bridge courses 1-6 & 8 and June 12-July 12 for Bridge 7. Parents will be notified of advanced or accelerated placement in late May.