The original one-story school was constructed in 1952 for 386 students at a size of 30,315 square feet. The school and grounds comprise 6.8 acres.
Changes made to the original building include:
- 1953 – an addition totaling 7,680 sq. ft. (four classrooms)
- 1968 – an addition totaling 6,680 sq. ft.
- 1975 – an addition of 947 sq. ft.
- 2005 – an addition of 7,300 sq. ft. and renovation of 43,000 sq. ft.
Passage of the March 2004 referendum authorized renovation and expansion of Oak School. The project was completed in August 2004 and included:
- A 7,300 sq. ft. addition
- Renovation of 43,000 sq. ft.
- Air conditioning, new lighting and cabinetry
- New gym and multipurpose room