D181 Neighborhood Preschool Registration
New Student Registration for 2023-24 is currently closed and will begin February 6th, 2023
To begin registration, complete the New Student Enrollment: Account Request.
Participants must reside within District boundaries. All families will need to provide proof of residency at the time of registration. A list of acceptable documents can be found on the Student Residency Form.
After the registration application has been completed, you will receive an email that includes instructions on how to provide your four documents for proof of residency and your child’s birth certificate.
* For enrollment in 2023-24, children must be three years old by September 1, 2023, potty trained, and have a health exam completed prior to the start of the year.
* If you register on or before February 25th, you will be notified of your child's placement by March 7th. Applications received after February 25th, will be placed on a waitlist and notification will be on a case by case basis.
A registration fee of $100.00 will be billed to registered families following enrollment.
Pending Board approval, the anticipated tuition cost for the D181 Preschool for the 2023-24 year will be $3,200 for the year. Families who pay in full prior to September 15, 2023 will receive a 10% discount or can pay in two installments. The first would be due on September 1, 2023 and the second due January 1, 2024.
Residency Verification/Health Requirements
To show residency within the District, the person with whom the student lives in the District and who claims custody of the student must present documents as described below. If the person enrolling the student claims the student is homeless or attending school in the student’s former district upon the determination of the Department of Children and Family Services, only the appropriate items in Category Three must be presented. Please note that parents must also provide a certified copy of the child's birth certificate.
New Student Enrollment: Account Request
8:25 - 10:55am
12:15 - 2:45pm
About Our Program
The D181 Neighborhood Preschool is a premier early childhood environment that prepares students for a successful kindergarten transition. Our highly qualified and caring teachers all have their bachelor's degrees and multiple certifications in early childhood education.
Unlike many traditional preschools, our robust curriculum benchmarks students against national and local trends so that your child will build a strong educational foundation and thrive academically, socially and developmentally.
The program is available to any family in the D181 community and is held at Oak School (950 S. Oak Street, Hinsdale).
- ECE AM Attendance 8:25 - 10:55
- ECE PM Attendance 12:15 - 2:45
- Morning and afternoon classes run Monday - Friday following the District 181 school calendar. One Friday per month is a non-attendance day for Preschool / Early Childhood Education students to allow for staff professional development.