Registration for the Current School Year

Registration for the Current 2017-18 School Year

Welcome! We look forward to greeting new families interested in sending their child to a school in Community Consolidated School District 181.

Families who wish to register their child for the current 2017-18 school year should come to the Administration Center as soon as possible. Parents will need to bring a certified copy of the child's birth certificate (not a photocopy) along with a completed Illinois Physical Exam Form. Families who are new to the District or renting / leasing must also provide proof of residency (see document list at right). All paperwork to otherwise be completed will be provided by the registrar. Per state law, children who are five years old on or before September 1, 2017 are eligible to attend kindergarten in 2017-18.

Preschool registration for 2017-18 is open now and is ongoing, with spaces filled first-come, first-serve.

If you are unsure of the school area in which you reside, please visit our Boundary Map.

Residency Verification

To show residency within the District, the person with whom the student lives in the District and who claims custody of the student must present documents as described below.All documents must have the guardian/parent name and in district address. If the person enrolling the student claims the student is homeless or attending school in the student’s former district upon the determination of the Department of Children and Family Services, only the appropriate items in Category Three must be presented. Please note that parents must also bring a certified copy of the child's birth certificate.

Category One (Present one of the items below in addition to three items from Category Two.)
  • Home closing documents dated within six months from the current date
  • Mortgage statement (most recent) showing property owner name and address of real estate subject to the mortgage
  • Real estate tax bill (most recent) showing signee as the taxpayer
  • Lease (signed) for the residence.
  • Tax assessment PLUS deed (considered one item)
Category 2 (Present three of the items below in addition to one item from Category One.)
  • Automobile registration in the State of Illinois
  • Driver’s license for the State of Illinois (not a State ID)
  • Homeowner’s insurance policy
  • Medicaid medical card
  • Public Aid card
  • Renter’s insurance policy showing name of the renter and in District address of the rental property
  • Telephone bill (landline only) or cable TV bill
  • Utility bill for gas, electric and/or water (two separate and current utility bills are acceptable)
  • Voter registration card with current address
Category 3 (If applicable, otherwise see Categories One and Two.)
  • The enrollee can indicate the student is homeless and eligible for enrollment under the Illinois Education for Homeless Children Act.
  • The enrollee can indicate the student is enrolling based on the determination of the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) and will need to attach evidence of DCFS determination.
  • The enrollee can indicate that residency will be established by September 30th of the current school year. Attach a real estate contract, lease or closing statement. In addition, complete a Request for Attendance Prior to Establishing Residency and submit cashier/certified check for the tuition amount outlined in the agreement for each student enrolled in the district.
  • The student and parent/guardian are residing with a third party (e.g. family member or friend) within District 181’s boundaries. Parent/guardian and resident homeowner/guarantor will complete and submit an Affidavit of Residency/Resident Homeowner/Guarantor Agreement.

Registration for 2018-19

Please visit the main Registration webpage for information about registering for the upcoming 2018-19 school year.

Registration for 2017-18

The items below are for registration in the current 2017-18 school year only (not 2018-19):