K-8 New Student Registration for the 2021-22 school year is now open.
Registration Steps for students who are new to the District (Grades 1-8) or entering Kindergarten in 2021-22:
- If new to District 181, begin the registration process by clicking the "New Student Registration 2021-22" button on this page.
- If you currently have a student in District 181 and want to register a NEW student, login to your Skyward account and click the 'New Student Registration' button to begin registering a new student.
- You will receive an email that includes instructions on how to provide your four documents for proof of residency and your child’s birth certificate. Following a review of your complete registration, you will receive an email verification and your Skyward Family Access login information.
* KG and NEW student registration for 2021-22 opens on February 8th.
**If other grades for whatever reason try to register, we will not allow it.**
Current & Returning Student Registration for the 2021-22 school year opens April 12, 2021. All students currently in D181 Preschool/ECE and entering Kindergarten through 7th Grade need to complete the District registration and fee payment process to enroll.
Action Required: Steps to Complete Registration
- Log In: Click here to log in to Skyward Family Access Portal. Only the primary guardian will have access to D181 online registration.
- Registration Steps: For step-by-step instructions, click here.
- SchoolPay Fees: All D181 schools use SchoolPay for processing fees. For instructions on how to use SchoolPay, please click here
- PTO Registration: Are you registered with your school’s PTO? After registration and fee payment is complete, you can complete PTO tasks including ordering supply kits, registering for the PTO directory, and signing up to volunteer. Note: If you already registered with your school's PTO for 2020-21, there is no need to re-register.
- Final Submission: Once you have completed PTO information, return to Skyward Family Access and complete the final submission on your registration application.
Notice: Fee payments are expected at the time of registration. If you have unpaid fees from the 2020-21 school year, these will need to be paid in full along with the 2021-22 fees.
Free School Lunches: For those with financial hardships, your child may be entitled to free school lunches. According to the Illinois School Code, every public school must have a free lunch program that provides free lunches (and breakfasts if a school offers breakfast) to students eligible to receive free meals. The application for the free lunch program is available in Skyward Family Access. Click here for directions on how to apply to determine if you qualify.
If you have any questions about D181 registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2021-22 Kindergarten Eligibility: Per state law, children who are five years old on or before September 1, 2021 are eligible to attend kindergarten in 2021-22.
- If you are unsure of the school area in which you reside, please visit our Boundary Map.
- More information about accepted residency documents can be found below and is available HERE.
To show residency within the District, the person with whom the student lives in the District and who claims custody of the student must present documents as described below. All documents must have the guardian/parent name and in district address. If the person enrolling the student claims the student is homeless or attending school in the student’s former district upon the determination of the Department of Children and Family Services, only the appropriate items in Category Three must be presented. Please note that parents must also bring a certified copy of the child's birth certificate.
View accepted residency documents below.