Returning Student Registration is now open.
All students currently in D181 Preschool/ECE and entering Kindergarten through 8th Grade for the 2023-24 school year must complete the District registration and fee payment process.
Steps to Complete Registration:
- Log In to Skyward: Sign in to your Skyward Family Access Portal. Only the primary guardian will have access to D181 online registration.
- Registration Steps: For step-by-step instructions, click here.
- SchoolPay Fees: All D181 schools use SchoolPay for processing fees. For instructions on how to use SchoolPay, please click here.
- PTO Registration: Are you registered with your school’s PTO? After registration and fee payment is complete, you can complete PTO tasks, including ordering supply kits, registering for the PTO directory, and signing up to volunteer.
- Final Submission: Once you have completed PTO information, return to Skyward Family Access and complete the final submission on your registration application.
Notice: Fee payments are expected at the time of registration. If you have unpaid fees from the 2022-23 school year, these will need to be paid in full, along with the 2023-24 fees.
Free School Lunches: For those with financial hardships, your child may be entitled to free school lunches. According to the Illinois School Code, every public school must have a free lunch program that provides free lunches (and breakfasts if a school offers breakfast) to students eligible to receive free meals. The application for the free lunch program is available in Skyward Family Access. Click here for directions on how to apply to determine if you qualify.
If you have any questions about D181 registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindergarten and New Student Registration for the upcoming 2023-24 school year opens February 6th, 2023 at 9:00 am.
Registration Steps for students who are new to the District (Grades 1-8) or entering Kindergarten in 2023-24:
- If you are new to District 181, you can begin registration by clicking the 'New Student Enrollment: Account Request' link or button on this page. For step-by-step directions, click here.
- If you currently have a student in District 181 and want to register a NEW student, log in to your Skyward Family Access account and click the 'New Student Online Enrollment' button to begin registering a new student. For step-by-step directions, click here.
- After submitting the 'New Student Enrollment: Account Request' and 'Registration Application' for your new student, you will receive an email with instructions on providing your four documents for proof of residency and your child’s birth certificate.
- If registering for Kindergarten, any required documents must be submitted via email to your school's main office secretary. For all other grades, required documents must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
For more information about submitting required documents, or if you do not receive the email, contact Angela Rangel at 630-861-4901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Following a review of your complete registration, you will receive an email verification and your Skyward Family Access login information.
New Student Enrollment: Account Request
Please note that current/returning student registration opens March 13, 2023 and will not be processed at this time.
New Student Registration for CURRENT School Year 2022-2023
If you are a new family looking to register for the 22-23 school year, click the "New Student Enrollment: Account Request" button to get started. After submitting the application, an email with login details to complete online registration will be sent to the email address you provided. While completing the Registration Form select "Current School Year (2022 - 2023" for the question "What School Year are you enrolling your student into?"
New Student Enrollment: Account Request
Homebound instruction will be provided to students who have a medical condition that prevents him/her from attending school for two or more consecutive weeks or has ongoing intermittent absences. The homebound application and D181 request form needs to be filled out and signed by a certified medical professional. If you are interested in applying for Homebound Instruction, please contact the Department of Learning at 630.861.4950.
To show residency within the District, the person with whom the student lives in the District and who claims custody of the student must present documents as described below. All documents must have the guardian/parent name and in district address. If the person enrolling the student claims the student is homeless or attending school in the student’s former district upon the determination of the Department of Children and Family Services, only the appropriate items in Category Three must be presented. Please note that parents must also bring a certified copy of the child's birth certificate.
View accepted residency documents below.
Additional Registration Information
- 2022-23 Kindergarten Eligibility: Per state law, children who are five years old on or before September 1, 2022 are eligible to attend kindergarten in 2022-23.
- If you are unsure of the school area in which you reside, please visit our Boundary Map.
- More information about accepted residency documents can be found below and is available HERE.