Current & Returning Student Registration
Current/Returning Student Registration took place between 04/04/22 - 04/29/22.
All students currently in D181 Preschool/ECE and entering Kindergarten through 7th Grade need to complete the District registration and fee payment process to enroll.
Action Required: Steps to Complete Registration
- Log In to Skyward: Sign in to your Skyward Family Access Portal. Only the primary guardian will have access to D181 online registration.
- Registration Steps: For step-by-step instructions, click here.
- SchoolPay Fees: All D181 schools use SchoolPay for processing fees. For instructions on how to use SchoolPay, please click here
- PTO Registration: Are you registered with your school’s PTO? After registration and fee payment is complete, you can complete PTO tasks including ordering supply kits, registering for the PTO directory, and signing up to volunteer. Note: If you already registered with your school's PTO for 2021-22, there is no need to re-register.
- Final Submission: Once you have completed PTO information, return to Skyward Family Access and complete the final submission on your registration application.
Notice: Fee payments are expected at the time of registration. If you have unpaid fees from the 2021-22 school year, these will need to be paid in full along with the 2022-23 fees.
Free School Lunches: For those with financial hardships, your child may be entitled to free school lunches. According to the Illinois School Code, every public school must have a free lunch program that provides free lunches (and breakfasts if a school offers breakfast) to students eligible to receive free meals. The application for the free lunch program is available in Skyward Family Access. Click here for directions on how to apply to determine if you qualify.
If you have any questions about D181 registration, please email email@example.com.
Registration for 2022-23
New Student Registration for the 2022-23 school year was held 02/07/22 - 02/28/22.
Registration Steps for students who are new to the District (Grades 1-8) or entering Kindergarten in 2022-23:
- If new to District 181, begin the registration process by clicking the "New Student Registration 2022-23" button on this page.
- If you currently have a student in District 181 and want to register a NEW student, login to your Skyward account and click the 'New Student Registration' button to begin registering a new student.
- You will receive an email that includes instructions on how to provide your four documents for proof of residency and your child’s birth certificate. If registering for Kindergarten, required documents can be submitted via email to your schools main office secretary. For all other grades, required documents can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about submitting required documents, or if you do not receive the email, contact Angela Rangel at 630-861-4901 or email email@example.com.
- Following a review of your complete registration, you will receive an email verification and your Skyward Family Access login information.
Please note that current student registration (returning students entering grades 1-8) opens April 4 and will not be processed at this time.* Preschool Registration for 2022-23 opens on January 31, 2022.*
* KG and NEW student registration for 2022-23 opens on 02/07/22 to 02/28/22.
* Current/Returning Student registration for 2022-23 will be held 04/04/22 to 04/29/22 .
Homebound instruction will be provided to students who have a medical condition that prevents him/her from attending school for two or more consecutive weeks or has ongoing intermittent absences. It will also be provided to those students who by attending school creates a life-threatening situation for an immediate family member living in the home. The homebound application needs to be filled out and signed by a certified medical professional. The Board of Education at its meeting June 24, increased the amount of instruction for homebound students from 5 hours of home instruction a week to 15 hours of core content livestream instruction. This change is for the 2021-22 year only. If you are interested in applying for Homebound Instruction, please contact the Department of Learning at 630.861.4949
- 2022-23 Kindergarten Eligibility: Per state law, children who are five years old on or before September 1, 2022 are eligible to attend kindergarten in 2022-23.
- If you are unsure of the school area in which you reside, please visit our Boundary Map.
- More information about accepted residency documents can be found below and is available HERE.
To show residency within the District, the person with whom the student lives in the District and who claims custody of the student must present documents as described below. All documents must have the guardian/parent name and in district address. If the person enrolling the student claims the student is homeless or attending school in the student’s former district upon the determination of the Department of Children and Family Services, only the appropriate items in Category Three must be presented. Please note that parents must also bring a certified copy of the child's birth certificate.
View accepted residency documents below.