Current Student Registration for the 2019-20 School Year - Now Open!
If you have a child currently in Preschool/ECE moving on to Kindergarten through 7th Grade, you need to complete the District registration and fee payment process to complete enrollment for your child for the 2019-20 school year.
To complete registration, please click here. On Monday, April 8, all current families should have received an email with detailed directions. If you did not receive an email, please email email@example.com.
Registration will consist of:
- An Online Application completed through Skyward
- Residency Documentation*
- Fee Payments
- PTO Registration and other PTO-related items
- D181 Foundation information
*All families will be asked to complete a new Affidavit of Residency form in the online application. Renters in the District and third-party residents will have to prove residency and have a signed, notarized Affidavit of Residency form on file. A separate email will go to renters and third-party residents with more details.
We look forward to enrolling your child for the 2019-20 School Year!
New & Kindergarten Students (K-8 in 2019-20) - Now Open!
Need to register for the current school year?
- Preschool Registration is Open for New Students (Details)
- Per state law, children who are five years old on or before September 1, 2019 are eligible to attend kindergarten in 2019-20.
- If you are unsure of the school area in which you reside, please visit our Boundary Map.
To show residency within the District, the person with whom the student lives in the District and who claims custody of the student must present documents as described below. All documents must have the guardian/parent name and in district address. If the person enrolling the student claims the student is homeless or attending school in the student’s former district upon the determination of the Department of Children and Family Services, only the appropriate items in Category Three must be presented. Please note that parents must also bring a certified copy of the child's birth certificate.
Category One (Present one of the items below in addition to three items from Category Two.)
- Home closing documents dated within six months from the current date
- Mortgage statement (most recent) showing property owner name and address of real estate subject to the mortgage
- Real estate tax bill (most recent) showing signee as the taxpayer
- Lease (signed) for the residence.
- Tax assessment PLUS deed (considered one item)
- Automobile registration in the State of Illinois
- Driver’s license for the State of Illinois (not a State ID)
- Homeowner’s insurance policy
- Medicaid medical card
- Public Aid card
- Renter’s insurance policy showing name of the renter and in District address of the rental property
- Telephone bill (landline only) or cable TV bill
- Utility bill for gas, electric and/or water (two separate and current utility bills are acceptable)
- Voter registration card with current address
- The enrollee can indicate the student is homeless and eligible for enrollment under the Illinois Education for Homeless Children Act.
- The enrollee can indicate the student is enrolling based on the determination of the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) and will need to attach evidence of DCFS determination.
- The enrollee can indicate that residency will be established by September 30th of the current school year. Attach a real estate contract, lease or closing statement. In addition, complete a Request for Attendance Prior to Establishing Residency and submit cashier/certified check for the tuition amount outlined in the agreement for each student enrolled in the district. District 181.
- The student and parent/guardian are residing with a third party (e.g. family member or friend) within District 181’s boundaries. Parent/guardian and resident homeowner/guarantor will complete and submit an Affidavit of Residency/Resident Homeowner/Guarantor Agreement.