- New Student, Pre-K & Kindergarten registration opens February 5th and will close Thursday, Feb. 29.
- Returning student registration opens March 13th.
Ready to Enroll Your New Student?
Starting February 5th, 2024:
New Student with Existing Family: Is your child joining a school where you already have other children enrolled? Great! Just create a new account through the "New Student Enrollment: Account Request" form and follow the steps provided here.
New Student with New Family: Are you a new family to District 181? Welcome! To get started with registration, please create a new account through the "New Student Enrollment: Account Request" form and follow the steps provided here.
Already Have a Child Enrolled?
Starting March 13th, 2024:
- New Student with Current Family (begins 02/05/24)
- New Family Instructions (begins 02/05/24)
- Returning Student with Current Family (begins 03/14/24)
All participants must reside within District Boundaries. All families will need to provide proof of residency at the time of registration. A list of acceptable documents can be found on the Student Residency Form.
**After the 'registration application' has been completed, you will receive an email that includes instructions on how to provide your four documents for proof of residency and your child’s birth certificate.**
* For enrollment in 2024-25, children must be three years old by September 1, 2024, potty trained, and have a health exam completed prior to the start of the year.
* If you register on or before February 25th, you will be notified of your child's placement by March 7th. Applications received after February 25th, will be placed on a waitlist and notification will be on a case by case basis.
A registration fee of $100.00 will be billed to registered families following enrollment.
Pending Board approval, the anticipated tuition cost for the D181 Preschool for the 2024-25 year will be $3,300 for the year. Families who pay in full prior to September 15, 2024 will receive a 10% discount or can pay in two installments. The first would be due on September 1, 2024 and the second due January 1, 2025.
Residency Verification/Health Requirements
To show residency within the District, the person with whom the student lives in the District and who claims custody of the student must present documents as described below. If the person enrolling the student claims the student is homeless or attending school in the student’s former district upon the determination of the Department of Children and Family Services, only the appropriate items in Category Three must be presented. Please note that parents must also provide a certified copy of the child's birth certificate.
Payments are expected at the time of registration. If you have unpaid fees from the 2023-24 school year, these will need to be paid in full along with the 2024-25 fees.
Free School Lunches
Your child may be entitled to free school lunches. According to the Illinois School Code, every public school must have a free lunch program that provides free lunches (and breakfasts if a school offers breakfast) to students eligible to receive free meals. The application for the free lunch program is available in Skyward Family Access. Click here for directions on how to apply to determine if you qualify.
Additional Registration Information
- 2024-25 Kindergarten Eligibility: Per state law, children who are five years old on or before September 1, 2024 are eligible to attend kindergarten in 2024-25.
- If you are unsure of the school area in which you reside, please visit our Boundary Map.
- More information about accepted residency documents can be found below and is available HERE.
Current/Returning Student Registration Steps
Registration steps for students/families who are currently attending or returning to D181.
- Log In to Skyward: Sign in to your Skyward Family Access Portal. Only the primary guardian will have access to D181 online registration.
- Registration Steps: For step-by-step instructions, click here.
- SchoolPay Fees: All D181 schools use SchoolPay for processing fees. For instructions on how to use SchoolPay, please click here.
- PTO Registration: Are you registered with your school’s PTO? After completing fee payment is complete, you can complete the PTO step. PTO tasks can include ordering supply kits, registering for the PTO directory, and signing up to volunteer. Note: If you already registered with your school's PTO for 2024-2025, there is no need to re-register.
- Final Submission: Once you have completed PTO information, return to Skyward Family Access and complete the final submission on your registration application.
- Please note that the registration process is not complete until you return to Skyward and click the “Submit D181 2024-25 Online Registration” button.
If you have any questions about D181 registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Student Registration Steps
Registration Steps for students who are new to the District or entering Kindergarten in 2024-25:
- If you are new to District 181, begin registration by clicking the 'New Student Enrollment: Account Request' button on this page. For step-by-step registration directions, click here.
- If you currently have a student in District 181 and want to register a NEW student, log in to your Skyward Family Access account and click the 'New Student Online Enrollment' button to begin registering a new student. For step-by-step directions, click here.
- After submitting the 'New Student Enrollment: Account Request' and 'Registration Application' for your new student, you will receive an email with instructions on providing your four documents for proof of residency and your child’s birth certificate.
- If registering for Kindergarten, any required documents must be submitted via email to your school's main office secretary. For all other grades, required documents must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
- For more information about submitting required documents, or if you do not receive the email, contact Angela Rangel at 630-861-4901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Following a review of your complete registration, you will receive an email verification and your Skyward Family Access login information.
Please note that current/returning student registration opens March 13, 2024 and will not be processed at this time.