When Your Child is SickFor your child to return to school they need to:
- Be free of fever (less than 100 degrees F) for at least 24 hours without use of medication.
- Have no vomiting for 24 hours after last occurrence, without use of medication, and the child is able to hold down fluids and food.
- Have no diarrhea for 24 hours after last occurrence, without use of medication.
- If diagnosed with pink eye or strep throat, the child must remain at home for 24 hours after treatment begins.
- Unidentified rashes should be seen by a doctor and determined to be non- contagious before returning to school.
Reporting an AbsenceWhen calling school to report your child’s absence, please communicate the following information:
- Does your child have a flu-like illness defined as fever (100 degrees F or higher) and a cough and/or sore throat in the absence of a known cause other than the flu?
- If your child does not have flu-like symptoms, please communicate the symptoms that your child is experiencing.
- If your child has a contagious disease, such as strep, pink eye, pneumonia, etc. please state so when leaving the message. Thank you for your assistance and cooperation!
- 2017-18 Health Requirements Information
- 2017-18 Health Requirements Information - Spanish
- Childhood Immunizations: CDC Information for Parents
- Required Immunizations: DuPage Health Department Resources for Parents
- Required Immunizations for School: Illinois State Law
Allergy and Asthma Information
- Allergy Action Plan
- Asthma Action Plan
- D181 Food Allergy Management Program
- D181 Individualized Health Care Plan
- D181 Nutrition Information
- Stomach Flu - Gastrointestinal Illinois DCHD Fact Sheet
- Stomach Flu - Gastrointestinal Illinois DCHD Fact Sheet (Spanish)
- DuPage County Health Department - All Fact Sheets
- The Flu: A Guide for Parents (Brochure) - CDC / U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services)
- Concussion Fact Sheet - English
- Concussion Fact Sheet - Spanish
- Return to Learn and Return to Play Protocols
Medication During School Hours
- Medication Authorization Form
Students requiring medications during school hours, please have physician complete the above form.