Family Education Events
This page includes information on events focused on family education topics that are offered throughout District 181, including school Parent-Teacher Organizations (PTOs), the Family Resource Network, the Early Childhood Education program, and the D181 Foundation. We also include events led by our community partners, such as High School District 86. By gathering this information in one webpage, we hope to make finding these opportunities convenient for parents and residents.
"Raising Digital Natives"
A program for parents of middle school students by Devorah Heitner sponsored by the D181 Foundation.
- Thursday, October 4 • 7.00 p.m. • CHMS Community Room. Program is free and open to all but space is limited. Please register in advance.
The Community Speaker Series: Click Here for the Flyer
Sponsored in partnership with the D181 Foundation, D181 and District 86
All programs are free and open to all, but space is limited. We ask anyone interested in attending to please register in advance. Individuals can register by going to www.d181foundation.org and clicking the Community Speaker Series link on the homepage.
"Understanding iGen and How to Harness Positive Trends and Mitigate the Negative Ones" with Dr. Jean Twenge
- Tuesday, October 9, 2018 • 7:00 p.m. • The Community House Click here to register for Oct. 9
- Wednesday, October 10, 2018 • 9:30 a.m. • The Community House Click here to register for Oct. 10
"Guiding Girls Through the Seven Transitions Into Adulthood" with Dr. Lisa Damour
- Wednesday, January 23, 2019 • 7:00pm • Hinsdale Central H.S. Auditorium
- Thursday, January 24, 2019 • 9:30am • Hinsdale South Auditorium
"Angst: Raising Awareness Around Anxiety" Documentary Film and Discussion with Dr. John Duffy
- April 17, 2019 • 9:30 a.m. • The Community House
- April 17, 2019 • 7:00 p.m. • Hinsdale South Auditorium
- Transition to Middle School Presentation Slides (3/17/17)
- Summer Camp Expo Participants (3/9/17)
- Fine Motor Development Presentation (1/31/17)
- Positive Behavior Supports for Preschoolers Presentation (11/14/16)
- Executive Functioning Presentation Slides
- Executive Functioning Standard Interventions
- "Parenting with the Brain in Mind" Slideshow
- Family Education Night on Heroin - Video
- "Understanding Your Child's Behavior" Presentation
- "Understanding Your Child's Behavior" Interventions Worksheet