Family Education Events
This page includes information on events focused on family education topics that are offered throughout District 181, including school Parent-Teacher Organizations (PTOs), the Family Resource Network, the Early Childhood Education program, and the D181 Foundation. We also include events led by our community partners, such as High School District 86. By gathering this information in one webpage, we hope to make finding these opportunities convenient for parents and residents.
"Crazy Stressed: Saving Today’s Overwhelmed Children" with Dr. Michael Bradley (Community Speaker Series Event)
- Wed., February 21 • 7-8:30pm • The Community House (Register)
- Thurs., February 22 • 9:30-11am • The Community House (Register)
"Technology to Support Academic Success"
- Thurs., March 1 • 5:30-6:30pm • Monroe School
District 181 Hosting Summer Camp Expo
- Thurs., March 8 • 6:00-8:30pm • Prospect School
All community members are invited to attend the annual Summer Camp Expo hosted by District 181 on Thursday, March 8 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. at Prospect School in Clarendon Hills. The event will welcome exhibitors representing overnight camps, recreational activities, sports camps, fine arts camps, and educational enrichment opportunities, as well as camps and services for students with special needs and advanced learners, and tutors. Offerings include programs for children ages preschool through high school.
Event coordinators note, "The Summer Camp Expo is an ideal opportunity for parents to simplify their summer planning. They can talk one-on-one with camp providers about their programs and get all the information they need in one visit, rather than spending hours trying to find providers online or making dozens of phone calls."
The event is free, and no registration is required. Children are welcome.
"Transitioning to Middle School with an IEP or 504"
- Thurs., March 15 • 6-7pm • CHMS
"Understanding the Function of Behavior"
- Thurs., April 5 • 5:30-6:30p. • Monroe School
"The Nature of Boys" with Michael Thompson (Community Speaker Series Event)
- Tues., May 1 • 7-8:30pm • The Community House
- Wed., May 2 • 9:30-11am • The Community House
- Transition to Middle School Presentation Slides (3/17/17)
- Summer Camp Expo Participants (3/9/17)
- Fine Motor Development Presentation (1/31/17)
- Positive Behavior Supports for Preschoolers Presentation (11/14/16)
- Executive Functioning Presentation Slides
- Executive Functioning Standard Interventions
- "Parenting with the Brain in Mind" Slideshow
- Family Education Night on Heroin - Video
- "Understanding Your Child's Behavior" Presentation
- "Understanding Your Child's Behavior" Interventions Worksheet