To be a community school district where students develop the skills they need to change the world and the confidence they need to do it.
To provide a premier educational experience that teaches students to be critical thinkers and enables them to achieve their full potential – academically, socially, and emotionally.
We value academic excellence and believe it is best achieved through:
- Curriculum: Research-based, results-oriented educational programs reflective of community expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Fuels academic success and the development of 21st century skills.
- Creativity: Recognizes the whole child and fosters personal achievement in the arts, athletics and extracurricular activities.
- Competition: As a healthy measure of preparedness and self-motivation.
- Courage: Doing the right thing guides behavior and builds confidence.
- Curiosity: Life-long learners are curious about the world around them.
- Community: Parental and community involvement results in better outcomes; responsible and equitable resource management strengthens our schools and community; and good citizenship is modeled through service to others.
- Collaboration and Communication: Open, transparent and respectful dialogue with and among stakeholders about decisions and the decision making process reinforces trust and improves outcomes.
- Continuous Improvement: Setting high standards allows students and staff to meet their full potential and excel.
- Consistency: In personal performance as well as offerings between schools and within schools, an integral element to success at all levels.
Adopted by the Board of Education February 8, 2016