Open Book is a section on the District 181 website designed to direct visitors to key information housed within our website that may be of public interest. The information below is organized according to the Ten-Point Transparency Checklist created by the Illinois Policy Institute; the checklist is available to view on the Illinois Policy Institute website. Links below will direct visitors to the referenced file or to the place on the District website where the information can be found. Information is added throughout the school year. Please contact the Communications Department at 630.861.4924 with any questions regarding Open Book.
- (1) Officials
- (2) Board
- (3) FOIA
- (4) Budget
- (5) Audits
- (6) Expenditures
- (7) Salary & Benefits
- (8) Contracts
- (9) Lobbying
- (10) Taxes & Fees
Board Meeting Information
Board of Education meeting materials are generated in an electronic format using a system called BoardDocs. Before each Board meeting, visitors can view the agenda and supporting reports and materials on the BoardDocs website. Past materials and meeting minutes are archived, and all documents are searchable. The Board Policy Manual is also available via BoardDocs. First-time users are invited to receive a tutorial on the system by calling 630.861.4922.
Freedom of Information Act
All information related to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests can be found on the FOIA webpage, within the Board of Education section.
115 West 55th Street
Clarendon Hills, IL 60514
All District 181 finance-related files are posted within the Business and Operations webpages, under the Departments section. Documents include past and current budgets, audits, contracts, and salary and benefits reports. Expenditures are approved during Board of Education Business meetings; Business meeting agendas and related attachments can be accessed via BoardDocs.
Staff and teacher contracts can be found on the Human Resources webpage, under the Departments section. Salary and benefit reports can be found in the Business Office webpages.
Community Consolidated School District 181 does not participate in any direct lobbying efforts; however, it, or its administration are members of several organizations that may lobby on behalf of school districts, including:
- American Association of School Personnel Administrators (AASPA)
- Association of Supervision Curriculum and Development (ASCD)
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
- Illinois Alliance of Administrators of Special Education (IAASE)
- Illinois Association for Employment in Education (IAEE)
- Illinois Association of School Administrators (IASA)
- Illinois Association of School Boards (IASB)
- Illinois Association of School Business Officials (IASBO)
- Illinois Association of School Personnel Administrators (IASPA)
- Illinois Association of Supervision Curriculum and Development (IL - ASCD)
- Illinois Chapter of the National School Public Relations Association (INSPRA)
- Illinois Computing Educators (ICE)
- International Reading Association (IRA)
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- Learning Forward
- The Association of Persons with Severe Handicaps (TASH)
Taxes and Fees
All District 181 finance-related files are posted within the Business and Operations webpages, under the Departments section. Documents include past and current budgets, audits, contracts, and salary and benefits reports. Tax Rate information is noted for each of the last six years under the Tax Rate tab on the Financial Reports webpage.