Safety & Crisis Committee
District 181 is committed to the safety and security of students, staff, and visitors. In order to support that commitment, the District administration and community partners are members of a D181 Safety & Crisis Committee. Committee members are listed at right.
The committee typically meets bi-monthly during the school year. They review and monitor the District's Safety & Crisis Plan and related procedures, and they discuss current events involving school security. The committee plans for staff training and parent education related to school safety, and they consider opportunities to strengthen District protocols and facilities.
We are grateful for the support of our emergency responders, families, and the District community in creating a safe learning environment.
- Gina Herrmann, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources
Burr Ridge Police
- Chief John Madden
- Dep. Chief Marc Loftus
- Sergeant David Allen
Clarendon Hills Police
- Chief Paul Dalen
- Sergeant Wendy Porter
- Officer Zach Finfrock
- Chief Brian M. King
- Dep. Chief Thomas Lillie
- Officer Mike Coughlin
Village of Hinsdale
- Assistant Village Manager Brad Bloom
Clarendon Hills Fire
- Chief Brian Leahy
- Fire Inspector Dave Godek
- Chief John Gianelli
- Asst. Chief Tim McElroy
- Fire Marshall Joe Lyons
- Gerald Evitts, First Student Bus Company
- Dr. Hector Garcia, Superintendent
- Gina Herrmann, Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources (Committee Chair)
- Mike Duggan, Director of Facilities
- Dr. Dana Bergthold, Executive Director of Special Education
- Jean Duggan, Assistant to the Superintendent
- Director of Communications
- All school administrators are invited to committee meetings.