Math Curriculum FAQ for Grades K-5
- What is the educational philosophy of the District regarding mathematics instruction?
- What is flexible ability grouping?
- What are the Eight Mathematical Practices?
- How can parents encourage the mathematical practice of “perseverance” in their children?
- How can I learn more about the Singapore Math methods and strategies that are essential to the Math in Focus math series used in Grades K-5?
- Why is bar modeling a key strategy in the Math in Focus series?
- How are 5th graders being prepared for the transition to middle school math?
- What was the process used to select the Math in Focus and Big Ideas resources for math instruction in D181?