The Cooper Institute®
"FitnessGram® by The Cooper Institute is an assessment that measures student fitness levels. As the national test of the Presidential Youth Fitness Program, FitnessGram assesses the physical and aerobic fitness of more than 10 million students across the country in over 20,000 schools
Students need daily physical activity to support healthy growth and cognitive development. We must continue to build an active school environment that supports daily physical activity, quality physical education, recess and sports participation. Over 35 years of research, evaluation, validation, and enhancement by the our Scientific Advisory Board have made FitnessGram the most trusted and widely used fitness assessment, education, and reporting tool in the world.
We can’t manage what we don’t measure. Data from FitnessGram drives decisions, allowing teachers, administrators, parents, and students make positive changes and build the healthy habits they need to be successful well into the future.
The data available from FitnessGram® can:
- Track trends and changes in fitness levels over time
- Examine associations between fitness and academic achievement and attendance
- Enhance the effectiveness of physical education programs
- Help create healthy school environments focused on prevention
- Foster communication between parents, teachers and students
- Identify areas of need for program funding"