Community Consolidated School District 181
In order to be qualified as a D181 Substitute:
Certified Substitutes must hold:
- Illinois Teaching License or
- Substitute Teaching License
Classified Substitutes must hold (min):
- ELS (PARA) License
- STS License
- STA License
These licenses must be registered in DuPage County. If you have questions about obtaining or registering your license, please contact the DuPage Regional Office of Education at (630)407-5800.
- Complete a D181 application online here. Once your online application has been submitted and processed, you will receive a “Welcome” email with online onboarding information, an email from Hinsdale CCSD 181, and GCN training tutorials from the D181 Human Resources Department.
- Schedule a fingerprinting appointment with the DuPage Regional Office of Education at (630)407-5800. The required form will be in the onboarding information sent from the D181 Human Resources Department.
- Obtain a completed statement of good health dated within 90 days of onboarding with D181 as a substitute. This form may be obtained from the onboarding information sent from the D181 Human Resources Department, or by printing from our website (see Physical Forms to the right).
Once these steps, online registration, and the required Global Compliance Network (GCN) training tutorials are completed and all results have been received, please contact Diane Torti, D181 Human Resource Assistant, at (630)861-4963 to schedule an appointment for an interview.
At the time of your interview, you must bring in original I-9 documents (list of acceptable documents) and a completed statement of good health. Prospective certified substitute teachers are also required to bring a copy of their “official” college transcripts that must show the degree and date of conferral.
District 181’s Administration Center is located at 115 West 55th Street, Clarendon Hills, IL 60514. View a map of our location here.
D181 Substitute Important Documents
For your convenience, the documents listed below are relative to substitute teaching in District 181. They are for your information and may be printed.