In order to be qualified as a D181 Substitute:
Certified Substitutes must hold:
- Illinois Teaching License or,
- Substitute Teaching License
Classified Substitutes must hold (min):
- ELS (PARA) License
These licenses must be registered in DuPage County. If you have questions about obtaining or registering your license, please contact the DuPage Regional Office of Education at (630)407- 5800.
Complete a D181 application online here.
- Once your online application has been received, you will receive a “Welcome” email with online onboarding information and GCN training tutorials from the D181 Human Resources Department.
Schedule a fingerprinting appointment with the DuPage Regional Office of Education at (630) 407-5800.
The required form may be printed from:
- The DuPage County Regional Office of Education website here and is found under the Licensure tab in the middle of the page or,
- The onboarding information sent from the D181 Human Resources Department.
Obtain a completed physical dated within one year prior to becoming a substitute. This form may be obtained:
- By printing from our website (see below under Forms) or,
- From the onboarding information sent from the D181 Human Resources Department.
Once these steps, online registration and the required Global Compliance Network (GCN) training tutorials are completed and all results have been received, please contact Diane Torti, D181 Human Resource Assistant, at (630)861-4963 to schedule an appointment for an interview.
At the time of your interview, you must bring in original I-9 documents (list of acceptable documents) and original fingerprint background check results. Prospective certified substitute teachers are also required to bring a copy of their college transcripts that must show the degree and date of conferral.
District 181’s Administration Center is located at 115 West 55th Street, Clarendon Hills, IL 60514. View a map of our location here.