Department of Communications
Our Director of Communications serves as the liaison between District 181 and the community.
The District is committed to engaging with its audiences through high-quality, dependable communication through a variety of outlets. The Communications Director also fosters collaboration and alignment of academic and safety priorities with school/community organizations.
- Supporting implementation of the District Strategic Plan with specific focus on the "Culture of Community" components
- Providing key news and event updates to families, staff, and Key Communicators through email, Twitter, the District website, and an automated phone, email, and text message notification system (Sign up for our eNewsletter by clicking the green button on this page!)
- Overseeing communications projects and products for internal and external audiences, including print and electronic publications, such as the Annual Report, Board Summaries, and event marketing materials
- Collaborating in the management of the District website
- Implementing surveys, engagement programs, and other community feedback and research opportunities
- Fostering accurate and well-rounded coverage of the District’s news through press releases, event alerts, and collaboration with local media
- Supporting relationships with the D181 Foundation, PTO Presidents, the Rotary Club of Hinsdale, Villages, Libraries, and other local organizations
- Supporting the efforts of District and Board committees
The District’s communication pieces have earned awards for excellence from the National School Public Relations Association and the Illinois Chapter of the National School Public Relations Association.