Our Communications Department serves as the liaison between District 181 and the community. We are committed to providing accurate and timely information regarding District 181’s schools, students, staff and the Board of Education.
We are pleased to manage the following responsibilities:
- Supporting implementation of the District Strategic Plan with specific focus on the "Culture of Community" components.
- Providing key news and event updates to families, staff, and Key Communicators through e-newsletters, Twitter, the District website, and an automated phone, e-mail, and text message automated notification system. (Look for the Key Communicator e-news sign up form at right!)
- Overseeing communications projects and products for internal and external audiences, including print and electronic publications, such as the Annual Report, Board Summaries, and event marketing materials.
- Collaborating in the management of the District website.
- Implementing surveys, engagement programs, and other community feedback and research opportunities.
- Fostering accurate and well-rounded coverage of the District’s news through press releases, event alerts, and collaboration with area media.
- Facilitating the Board of Education Ambassadors of Excellence student recognition program.
- Supporting relationships with the D181 Foundation, PTO Presidents, the Rotary Club of Hinsdale, Villages, Libraries, and other local organizations.
- Leading the Safety & Crisis Committee, which includes District 181 staff, members of our local fire and police departments, and representatives from our transportation provider.
- Supporting the efforts of District and Board committees.
- Serving as a resource for realtors, residents, families, and colleagues.
The District’s communication pieces have earned awards for excellence from the National School Public Relations Association and the Illinois Chapter of the National School Public Relations Association.