The Board of Education Facilities Committee was formed in October 2013. It is led by a Board member in partnership with the Chief Financial Officer / Treasurer and benefits from the representation of administration, staff, parents, and community members. Individuals interested in membership on the committee may apply during the open application period. Committee agendas and minutes are posted on BoardDocs). The Facilities Committee assists in the prioritization of building needs and development of a multi-year Facilities Master Plan. Specifically, the committee:
- Provides guidance on strategic facility initiatives and related District goals.
- Provides representative Board input into the District’s facility work.
- Provides community perspective on strategic direction in District facility planning.
- Represents both external and internal perspectives to assure progressive improvements in District facilities.
- Provides an open forum for discussion of critical issues related to facilities.
- Shares relevant community and school experiences and ideas among community representatives and school personnel.
- Reviews replacement cycle plans to gain insight into ways to improve the efficient and effective use of resources.
- Assists in the development of facility assessment processes and related guidelines.
- Assists in the development of criteria for the selection and performance review of professional facility consultants.
- Coordinates work with other committees as needed.
Agendas, Minutes & Meetings
Please visit BoardDocs for Facilities Committee agendas and minutes.
Facility Committee Members
- Chair, Margaret Kleber, Board Member
- Co-Chair, Michael Martin, Board President
- Dr. Hector Garcia, Superintendent
- Rick Engstrom, Assistant Superintendent of Business and Operations
- Mike Duggan, Director of Facilities
- Lois Mejdrich, Community Member
2022-23 BOE Meeting Schedule
Academic Success Committee Meeting Dates
Finance and Facilities Committee Meeting Dates
Board Policy Manual
BOE Community Guidelines
BOE Operating Norms
Listening to Board Meetings:
Live streamed and recorded Board meeting audio is accessed via the service Livestream.