Academic Success Committee
The Academic Success Committee is a Board committee focused on topics related to teaching and learning. The committee includes three Board members, the Superintendent, the Assistant Superintendent of Learning (or Interims as appropriate), the Assistant Superintendent of Learning (PS), and the Director of Learning (C&I). While this committee structure includes a small number of members, the Board of Education and District administration have a desire to welcome more families and community members to participate in these important conversations. Therefore, greater opportunity for community input is offered through public comment, included at identified times within the committee meetings, as well as at the end of committee meetings.
Teachers and staff are also provided opportunities for involvement and collaboration through an all-staff committee - the Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment Advisory Council (CIAAC). This group represents a variety of grade levels and content areas in meetings throughout the year.
Audio recordings of the Academic Success Committee meetings are posted on the District's Livestream site. Following each meeting, a summary is sent to briefly share information on each agenda item that was discussed; past summary documents are posted on this page. The most current ASC Summary is available upon request.
Agendas and Minutes
Please visit BoardDocs for Academic Success Committee agendas and minutes.
- Committee Chair: William Cotter, Board Secretary
- Co-Chair: Grace Shin, Board Member
- Dr. Tracey Miller, Director of Assessment, Instruction, and Evaluation
- Dr. Hector Garcia, Superintendent
- Dr. Dana Bergthold, Assistant Superintendent of Student Services
- Dr. Kathleen Robinson, Assistant Superintendent of Learning
- Virginia Malinas, Community Member
- Ryan Trombly, M.D., Community Member
- Lois Mejdrich, Community Member
- Ronne Malham, Community Member
2022-23 BOE Meeting Schedule
Academic Success Committee Meeting Dates
Finance and Facilities Committee Meeting Dates
Board Policy Manual
BOE Community Guidelines
BOE Operating Norms
Listening to Board Meetings:
Live streamed and recorded Board meeting audio is accessed via the service Livestream.