Ambassadors of Excellence
The Ambassadors of Excellence (AOE) program provides the Board of Education with an opportunity to recognize individuals who have brought positive attention to the District during the school year through the special honors they have received in local, state and national programs. Established in 1997, the AOE recognition program helps reaffirm the values, expectations and achievements of the District 181 educational community. Ambassadors demonstrate the high level of excellence that is the hallmark of District 181.
Criteria for Recognition
- Candidates must be current students or staff in District 181 at the time of their honor / achievement.
- Candidates must participate in the activity as a representative of the District and/or directly benefit the District.
- Accomplishments must have taken place during the current school year or the summer prior to the current school year.
- Candidates must earn first or second place awards or top category awards as determined by the Communications Department.
- Candidates may be recognized individually or as a team as applicable.
- Programs involving only in district competition will not be recognized.
- All nominators must provide documentation of award status.
- The Communications Department reserves the right to determine award eligibility.
- Only the official coach / moderator, school secretary or school principal may submit names for Ambassador recognition.
- The Communications Department will review Ambassador nominees, confirm nominees as awardees, and request a final review of awardees’ information by the nominator.
- The Communications Department will contact approved Ambassador awardees, as well as the school principal and coach / moderator with the date, time, and location of the Ambassadors ceremony. The principal and coach /moderator will be invited to attend.
- The Communications Department will provide certificates for Ambassador recipients.