Welcome! We look forward to greeting new families interested in sending their child to a school in Community Consolidated School District 181. If you would like to register a child for the 2013-14 school year, please contact the school that he/she would attend. Contact information is listed at right. If you are unsure of the school area in which you reside, please visit our
Registration in 2014-15 (Current Students)
Current students came home with registration paperwork on February 14. Families who did not receive their paperwork are asked to contact their child's school's main office. Completed forms are due with payment by February 28. The residency process is being included during this time frame; residency will not need to be proven again in spring. Please see the information below regarding required residency documents to be included with the completed registration packet.
Registration in 2014-15 (New, Kindergarten)
New student registration and kindergarten registration are taking place on February 19 and 20 (9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.). Families are instructed to register at the school the child will be attending; families will receive a brief packet of paperwork to complete and should plan to pay fees with a check at the time of registration. Families unsure of the school area in which they reside are encouraged to visit our comprehensive boundary map. Please see the information below regarding required residency documents.
Residency Verification (All Registrants)
To show residency within the District, the person with whom the student lives in the District and who claims custody of the student must present documents as described below. If the person enrolling the student claims the student is homeless or attending school in the student’s former district upon the determination of the Department of Children and Family Services, only the appropriate items in Category Three must be presented.
Category One (Present one of the items below.)
- Notarized letter from the owner of the residence stating that the enrollee resides at that residence and the duration of the residence
- Real estate tax bill (most recent) showing enrollee as the taxpayer
- Signed lease for the residence
- Title, deed, or closing statement showing home ownership if residence was purchased within previous year
Category 2 (Present two of the items below.)
- Automobile registration in the State of Illinois
- Current vehicle sticker receipt
- Insurance certificate for current home/apartment
- Public Aid card
- Telephone bill (landline only) or cable TV bill
- Utility bill for gas, electric and/or water (two separate and current utility bills are acceptable)
- Voter registration card with current address
Category 3 (If applicable)
- The enrollee can indicate the student is homeless and eligible for enrollment under the Illinois Education for Homeless Children Act.
- The enrollee can indicate the student is enrolling based on the determination of the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) and will need to attach evidence of DCFS determination.
- The enrollee can indicate that residency will be established within 90 calendar days and will need to attach a real estate contract, lease or closing statement. In addition, he/she must complete a Tuition Statement and submit a cashier/certified check for one semester’s tuition for each student enrolled in District 181.