Welcome! We look forward to greeting new families interested in sending their child to a school in Community Consolidated School District 181. If you are unsure of the school area in which you reside, please visit our
Registration in 2014-15 (Current Students)
Current students came home with registration paperwork on February 14; completed forms were due with payment by February 28. Current families who have not yet registered should contact the Administration Center immediately. Please see the information below regarding required residency documents to be included with the completed registration packet.
Registration in 2014-15 (New, Kindergarten)
New student registration and kindergarten registration for the 2014-15 school year are ongoing. Families are instructed to register at the school the child will be attending during the school year; families should come to the Administration Center to register during the summer. Registrants will receive a brief packet of paperwork to complete and should plan to pay fees with a check at the time of registration. Please see the information below regarding required residency documents.
Residency Verification (All Registrants)
To show residency within the District, the person with whom the student lives in the District and who claims custody of the student must present documents as described below. If the person enrolling the student claims the student is homeless or attending school in the student’s former district upon the determination of the Department of Children and Family Services, only the appropriate items in Category Three must be presented.
Category One (Present one of the items below.)
- Notarized letter from the owner of the residence stating that the enrollee resides at that residence and the duration of the residence
- Real estate tax bill (most recent) showing enrollee as the taxpayer
- Signed lease for the residence
- Title, deed, or closing statement showing home ownership if residence was purchased within previous year
Category 2 (Present two of the items below.)
- Automobile registration in the State of Illinois
- Current vehicle sticker receipt
- Insurance certificate for current home/apartment
- Public Aid card
- Telephone bill (landline only) or cable TV bill
- Utility bill for gas, electric and/or water (two separate and current utility bills are acceptable)
- Voter registration card with current address
Category 3 (If applicable)
- The enrollee can indicate the student is homeless and eligible for enrollment under the Illinois Education for Homeless Children Act.
- The enrollee can indicate the student is enrolling based on the determination of the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) and will need to attach evidence of DCFS determination.
- The enrollee can indicate that residency will be established within 90 calendar days and will need to attach a real estate contract, lease or closing statement. In addition, he/she must complete a Tuition Statement and submit a cashier/certified check for one semester’s tuition for each student enrolled in District 181.