Family Education Events
This page includes information on events focused on family education topics that are offered throughout District 181, including school Parent-Teacher Organizations (PTOs), the Family Resource Network, the Early Childhood Education program, and the D181 Foundation. We also include events led by our community partners, such as High School District 86. By gathering this information in one webpage, we hope to make finding these opportunities convenient for parents and residents.
"The Gift of Failure: How the Best Parents Learn to Let Go So Their Children Can Succeed" with Jessica Lahey (Community Speaker Series Event)
- Thurs., November 16 • 7-8:30pm • The Community House
- Fri., November 17 • 9:30-11am • The Community House
"Crazy Stressed: Saving Today’s Overwhelmed Children" with Dr. Michael Bradley (Community Speaker Series Event)
- Wed., February 21 • 7-8:30pm • The Community House
- Thurs., February 22 • 9:30-11am • The Community House
"The Nature of Boys" with Michael Thompson (Community Speaker Series Event)
- Tues., May 1 • 7-8:30pm • The Community House
- Wed., May 2 • 9:30-11am • The Community House
- No current events.
2017-18 Resources are coming soon!
- Transition to Middle School Presentation Slides (3/17/17)
- Summer Camp Expo Participants (3/9/17)
- Fine Motor Development Presentation (1/31/17)
- Positive Behavior Supports for Preschoolers Presentation (11/14/16)
- Executive Functioning Presentation Slides
- Executive Functioning Standard Interventions
- "Parenting with the Brain in Mind" Slideshow
- Family Education Night on Heroin - Video
- "Understanding Your Child's Behavior" Presentation
- "Understanding Your Child's Behavior" Interventions Worksheet