The Digital Learning Initiative has been the name of our ongoing effort to develop a unified vision and digital learning environment plan supported by all stakeholders. Digital learning impacts many areas:
- Long-range curriculum, assessment, and instruction development
- Long-range professional development planning
- Current and long-term Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) plans, activities, and expenditures Present and long-range financial planning
- Current and long-range Technology Department staffing and operational planning
On March 14, 2016, the Board of Education adopted a set of belief statements around digital learning, and on February 27, 2017, the Board of Education approved the Digital Learning Environment Plan as presented.
It was noted in the plan's introduction: "This document is a compilation of the work of many individuals over several years. The information... is built upon previous efforts of the @d181 Committee. In addition, with the support of the D181 Foundation and facilitation of Mary Morgan Ryan, a group of numerous community members, Board members, and staff worked on the Digital Learning Initiative (DLI). The DLI work is the core foundation for this Digital Learning Environment Plan and recommendation.
"It is important to note, too, that the efforts outlined here are in addition to what has already been achieved in District 181. Previous work included the implementation of 1:1 learning environments in many elementary classrooms, the integration of technology in numerous special area classrooms (e.g., digital media, elementary music, middle school band, etc.), and a shift in instructional practices for teachers able to access technology purchased by the District, PTOs, and D181 Foundation. Although this has been inconsistently implemented, this work has provided a firm and broad beginning for the District to build upon."
Related resources, including the approval plan and Belief Statements, are available at right.
- Digital Learning Environment FAQs (3/1/17)
- Digital Learning Environment Plan (Board Approved 2/27/17)
- Deployment Plan and Budget (2/27/17)
- Diamond Assets Equipment Value Assets
- Diamond Assets Trade-In Program
- Device Inventory and Remarketing Tables
- Technical Specs - iPad Air 2
- Technical Specs - Chromebook Yoga 11e
- PARCC Technology Requirements
- MAP Technology Requirements
- Belief Statements (Adopted 3/14/16)
- Digital Learning Environment Proposal (11/14/16)
- Superintendent's Presentation (6/13/16)
- Superintendent's Board Report (6/13/16)
- Committee Meeting Notes (4/14/16)
- Committee Meeting Notes (2/18/16)
- Engagement Event Notes (Feb 2016)
- Committee Meeting Notes (1/14/16)
- Committee Meeting Notes (12/10/15)
- Committee Meeting Notes (11/17/15)
- Committee Meeting Notes (11/12/15)
- Committee Meeting Notes (10/15/15)
- Carousel Planning Notes (April 2015)