Department of Learning
The Department of Learning oversees all curriculum, assessment, instruction, and student services across the District. The department collaborates with staff and families to provide an outstanding educational experience for each child. We invite you to click the pages at left for more information about student learning in District 181.
District 181 Commits to an Environment of Excellence in Education By:
- Providing each child a challenging and safe learning environment.
- Developing lifelong learners and productive citizens.
- Building self-confidence and developing character.
- Encouraging creativity.
- Demanding continuous improvement.
- Expecting innovation and professional development.
- Assuring accountability.
- Communicating effectively.
- Working with the community in a spirit of collaboration, trust and respect.
An Environment of Educational Excellence will Result In:
- Critical thinkers who apply their knowledge and skills to identify, gather, analyze, synthesize and evaluate information to plan action and solve problems.
- Collaborative team members who cooperate and contribute in a variety of settings and roles.
- Effective communicators who are able to express and understand thoughts or ideas in a variety of ways.
- Responsible people who respect diversity, are considerate of others, and accept the consequences of their actions.
- Informed citizens who recognize the importance of democratic principles and understand different social, historical, cultural and environmental perspectives.
Interim Assistant Superintendent of Learning (Project Lead)
Dr. Cynthia Heidorn
Interim Assistant Superintendent of Learning (Curriculum and Instruction)
Dr. Christina Sepiol
Student Information Specialist
Academic Data Information Specialist