Buildings & Grounds
Building & Grounds Department
The Buildings and Grounds Department oversees nine neighborhood schools located on approximately 70 acres. Our responsibilities include maintenance, sanitation, building improvements, grounds, design, construction and energy management. We are dedicated to keeping our schools and grounds safe, clean, comfortable and conducive to learning.
Integrated Pest Management Notice
District 181 has an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Policy, which incorporates building maintenance, sanitation, physical barriers, and, as a last resort, the safest, most effective use of pesticides.
Although we have no intention of spraying or fogging indoors with pesticides, in the unlikely event this is found to be necessary, we create a voluntary notification registry. All families will be notified of any outdoor applications (i.e., Round-Up or wasp or hornet nest applications) via our website news and media press releases. In the event of an extreme emergency and pesticides must be used immediately, we will notify families as soon as possible. To be added to the registry, contact your building secretary.
- Water Quality Test (2016) - CHMS
Water Quality Test (2016) - HMS
- Water Quality Test (2016) - Elm
Water Quality Test (2016) - Madison
Water Quality Test (2016) - Monroe
- Water Quality Test (2016) - Oak
- Water Quality Test (2016) - Prospect
Water Quality Test (2016) - The Lane
Water Quality Test (2016) - Walker
- Floor Tiles and Mastic Asbestos Test (2016) - Elm
Hinsdale Middle School Reports on Testing Conducted by Integrity Environmental Services
(Shown: Report Date and Integrity Report Number)
- 14-01-10 Report: 915-01 C11028
- 14-01-16 Report: 915-02 C11034
- 14-01-17 Report: 915-02 C11037
- 14-01-17 Report: 915-03 C11036
- 14-01-22 Report: 915-02 C11040
- 14-01-26 Report: 915-02 C11045
- 14-02-03 Report: 915-02 C11053
- 14-02-03 Report: 915-02 C11054
- 14-02-19 Report: 915-02 C11064
- 15-01-14 Report: 915-08 C11369
- 16-04-13 Report: 915-15 C11789
- 16-08-16 Report: 915-17 C11916
All District 181 schools are in compliance with USEPA and the Illinois Department of Public Health. The asbestos management plan is available for public review. For additional information, please contact the District 181 Buildings and Grounds Office, 115 West 55th Street, Clarendon Hills, IL 60514, 630.861.4980.