You can find out about an emergency school closing in these ways:
- The District will send a recorded message and an email to your emergency contact numbers.
- The District 181 website will list any closing announcement on
the home page. Bookmark www.d181.org on your computer for easy access.
- Call the Administration Center at 630.861.4900 to hear a recorded announcement on school closing.
- Visit the Emergency Closing Center website at
www.emergencyclosings.com to view the status of District 181 schools or
to sign up for email notification of any closing that the district
reports. You may also call 847.238.1234 for closing information.
- Our emergency closing information will be provided to WGN Radio
AM720, WBBM AM780, and the following television stations: Channels 2,
5, 7, 9, 32 and CLTV.
District 181 Emergency School Closing Information
The school calendar is established in advance. While we realize the value of family time, the planning of vacations while school is in session is strongly discouraged. If students will be absent from school due to vacation, parents must complete a special absence notification form and return it to school before the absence. Teachers will not be required to re-teach material missed by students. If a planned absence will occur at the end of a grading period, students will be required to submit all work before leaving on the planned absence.
In the event of a planned absence, a parent must email, send a note, or contact Lorna Galandak in the Student Services Office: 630.861.4803 • email@example.com.