You can find out about an emergency school closing in these ways:
- The District will send a recorded message and an email to your emergency contact numbers.
- The District 181 website will list any closing announcement on
the home page. Bookmark www.d181.org on your computer for easy access.
- The District will post a message on Twitter @CCSD181.
- Visit the Emergency Closing Center website at
www.emergencyclosings.com to view the status of District 181 schools or
to sign up for email notification of any closing that the district
reports. You may also call 847.238.1234 for closing information.
- Our emergency closing information will be provided to WGN Radio
AM720, WBBM AM780, and the following television stations: Channels 2,
5, 7, 9, 32 and CLTV.
The school calendar is established in advance. While we realize the value of family time, the planning of vacations while school is in session is strongly discouraged. If students will be absent from school due to vacation, parents must complete a special absence notification form and return it to school before the absence. Teachers will not be required to re-teach material missed by students. If a planned absence will occur at the end of a grading period, students will be required to submit all work before leaving on the planned absence.
In the event of a planned absence, a parent must email, send a note, or contact Adrienne Renwick in the Student Services Office: 630.861.4803 • email@example.com.
The end of quarter dates for the 2015-16 school year are listed below. Approximately 10 days following the end of the quarter, an email will be sent to all parents letting them know the final quarter dates are posted and may be viewed online via the parent portal. Fourth quarter report cards will be mailed home about 7 days following the last day of school.
Friday, November 6, 2015 - Quarter 1
- Friday, January 29, 2016 - Quarter 2
- Friday, April 8, 2016 - Quarter 3
- Wednesday, June 10, 2016 (Or the last day of school) - Quarter 4