To educate each child in an environment of excellence that provides a foundation for contributing to a complex global society.
To be a school district where all children experience success and grow in excellence.
To realize excellence through:
- Community Involvement
District 181 Commits To An Environment For Excellence In Education By:
- Providing each child a challenging and safe learning environment.
- Developing lifelong learners and productive citizens.
- Building self-confidence and developing character.
- Encouraging creativity.
- Demanding continuous improvement.
- Expecting innovation and professional development.
- Assuring accountability.
- Communicating effectively.
- Working with the community in a spirit of collaboration, trust and respect.
An Environment Of Education Excellence Will Result In:
- Engaged learners who demonstrate proficiency in basic academic skills, exhibit competency in
current technology, and succeed in the educational program.
- Critical thinkers who apply their knowledge and skills to identify, gather, analyze, synthesize and
evaluate information to plan action and solve problems.
- Collaborative team members who cooperate and contribute in a variety of settings and roles.
- Effective communicators who are able to express and understand thoughts or ideas in a variety
- Responsible people who respect diversity, are considerate of others, and accept the
consequences of their actions.
- Informed citizens who recognize the importance of democratic principles and understand
different social, historical, cultural and environmental perspectives.
Adopted by the Board of Education February 25, 2002